Shirley Setia is best known for her YouTube videos where she performs on Hindi songs. She has also collaborated with different online stars from India, Canada, USA and kept shining her singing skills. So, here we bring some more details about her personal as well as professional life, check out below for Shirley Setia wiki, age, songs, height & more.
Shirley’s fame is a result of a felicitous incident. Indian music label T-Series started a competition and Shirley, only for no particular reason, recorded a video for a song in her room. She became one of the winners which opened a way for her to take her ability million of peoples and she began making and uploading more videos. Currently, she has turned into a celebrity and has worked together with YouTube stars crosswise over Canada, India, and the UK.
Due to her hard work in the field of singing, she has been rewarded with two awards in 2016, Musician of the year in the Outlook Social Media Awards and the BIG Digital Sensation Award at the BIG Golden Voice Award Show. Now, check out here are the personal details given below about Tanya Deol –
Shirley Setia Profile:
Here are the basic details of Shirley Setia which are given below:
|Born Name||Shirley Setia|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Date Of Birth||2 July, 1993|
|Age||25 years according to her birthdate|
|Birth Place||Daman, India|
|Best Known For||Shirley Setia is best known for her own version of Hindi songs.|
|Hobbies||Nail art and Listening to music|
|College||University of Auckland, Auckland & New York Film Academy|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland and also she did a course from New York Film Academy.|
|Occupation||Singer & DJ|
|Brand Endorsement||Not Known|
|Favorite Musician||Lata Mangeshkar, A. R. Rahman, Arijit Singh, Shaan, Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Hilary Duff|
|Favorite Style Icon||Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Movie||Wake Up Sid|
|Net Worth||$14 Million|
Car Collection –
- She was born in Daman but moved to New Zealand along with her family at the age of seven.
- She is not a trained singer.
- The first song that she sang on stage was Iktara from Wake Up Sid in 2001.
- Shirley father, Raj Setia is a businessman with roots in Hisar while her mother belongs to Goa.
- When her cover song, like Bol Do Na Zara and Sanam Re, which each has over 23 million views, took the internet by storm, Setia sharpened her skills by learning to edit and shoot videos.
- Shirley is not only a popular singer on YouTube but also a Radio Tarana RJ of the show Showtime with Shirley.
- In 2012, when she was still in high school, she got a chance to meet the famous Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal who had then suggested her to upload YouTube videos.
- In 2015, while she was on vacation in Hyderabad, she put up a Facebook post asking fans to meet her at GVK mall, which, to her surprise, turned out to be a huge public gathering.
- The GVK mall event pushed Shirley Setia to pursue her passion professionally, and she decided to move to Mumbai.
- Once, the famous Ghazal singer, Pankaj Udhas had complimented Shirley on her singing style.
- Shirley is a New Zealand-based singer and social media star with more than 2.2 million followers on Facebook, 689K followers on Instagram, and 6.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
- As a kid, she wanted to be an astronaut.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was very close to her grandfather.
- Shirley’s first viral video, a cover of ‘Tum Hi Ho’ from ‘Aashiqui 2,’ which was recorded spontaneously at 1 am from her parent’s house in Dannemora, East Auckland while she was in her pyjamas, earned her the nickname ‘Pyjama Popstar.’
- While working as a part-time radio jockey, Setia earned a degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland.
- In March 2016, Forbes Magazine featured an article on Setia; referring to her as “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation.”
- In 2017, she made her debut in Bollywood with the song ‘Disco Disco’ in the film ‘A Gentleman.’ In the same year, she decided to stop doing cover music so that she could spend more time on her originals.
Connect With Shirley Setia :
Here we are providing you the social media account’s links of Shirley Setia where you can follow her and like her latest pictures and stay with her new activities. Check out the links-