Lil Wayne is an American rapper, singer, record executive and actor. Wayne is popular for his song Lollipop and so many. In 1993 at the age of 11, Lil Wayne’s career began when he was discovered by Bryan “Birdman” Williams and joined Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label. Here are more details about Lil Wayne’s personal and professional life. Such as – Lil Wayne age, wife, children & so on.
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., who known professionally as Lil Wayne. He also joined half of the duo The B.G.’z, alongside fellow New Orleans-based rapper B.G. He & B.G. joined the southern hip hop group Hot Boys, with Cash Money label-mates Juvenile and Turk, in 1996. And the same year, Hot Boys debuted with Get It How U Live!
Most of the group’s success came with their platinum-selling album Guerrilla Warfare (1999) and the 1999 single “Bling Bling”. For many years, Lil Wayne was the flagship artist of Cash Money Records, before ending his long-tenured deal with the company in June 2018.
The solo debut album of Lil Wayne, Tha Block Is Hot (1999) was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). His following albums, Lights Out (2000) and 500 Degreez (2002), went on to be certified gold. Wayne gained his popularity through his fourth album Tha Carter (2004), which was led by the single “Go D.J.” and his appearance on Destiny’s Child’s Top 10 single “Soldier”, that same year.
Wayne’s popularity reached up to high level through his sixth album Tha Carter III (2008), which became his most successful album to date, with first-week sales of over one million copies in the United States. The album won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album and includes the singles “Lollipop”, “A Milli” and “Got Money”.
In 2010, his rock-esque album titled Rebirth released which was certified gold by the RIAA. In March 2010, Lil Wayne began serving an 8-month jail sentence in New York after being convicted of criminal possession of a weapon stemming from an incident in July 2007.
His 12th studio album, Tha Carter V, was released in 2018 after multiple delays. It sold 480,000 copies in its first week and went on to be certified platinum. Lil Wayne has sold over 100 million records worldwide, including more than 15 million albums and 37 million digital tracks in the United States, making him one of the best-selling artists of all time. Currently, Lil Wayne also serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of his own label imprint, Young Money Entertainment.
Here are more details given below about the Lil Wayne’s life.
Lil Wayne Profile:
|Born Name||Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.|
|Nick Name||Lil’ Weezy, Baby Jr., Weezy F. Baby, BM Jr., Birdman Jr., Tunechi|
|Date Of Birth||27 September, 1982|
|Age||Gucci Mane is currently 36 according to his birthdate.|
|Birth Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, USA|
|Best Known For||Gucci is well-known for Rapping and singing hits like Lollipop|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Diet & Workout:
|Qualification||Graduated in Psychology|
|School||Lafayette Elementary School, Colorado,|
|College||University of Phoenix|
|Occupation||Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive, author, entrepreneur|
|Genre||Hip Hop (Southern hip hop)|
|Labels||Young Money, Cash Money, Republic Records|
|Manager||The Blueprint Group|
|Brand Endorsement||Lil Wayne’s major brand endorsement is Bogey Blunts in 2010.|
|First Album||1999 album called Tha Black is Hot, which went platinum selling over 1 million copies just in USA.|
|First Film||2000 action and comedy film Baller Blockin’ for his role as Iceberg Shorty.|
|First TV Show||“Access Granted”, which is an American TV Series that features an in-depth look at the planning and production of R&B and Hip-Hop music videos. Lil Wayne appeared in this 30-minute show.|
|Favorite Food||Chicken, Potato Salad, Macaroni|
|Favorite Band||Rock Group “Nirvana”|
|Favorite Football Team||The Green Bay Packers|
|Favorite Rapper||Jay-Z. Lil Wayne also likes “Too Short” and “The Notorious B.I.G.”|
|Favorite Soccer Team||N/A|
|Net Worth||$150 million|
Car Collection –
- Lil Wayne’s original name contains the word, Dwayne. Lil Wayne dropped D from Dwayne and now uses Wayne. He told the reason, in an interview to CBS explaining “I am a junior and my father is living and he’s never been in my life. So, I don’t want to be Dwayne, I’d rather be Wayne.”
- Wayne wrote his first rap song at 8.
- At age 13, Wayne accidentally shot himself with a 9 mm handgun and the off-duty police officer Robert Hoobler drove him to the hospital.
- Lil Wayne’s mother, a chef, was 19 when Wayne was born.
- Wayne’s second album “I Am Not A Human Being” was released in September 2010, when he was in jail after he was found guilty of possessing a weapon and smoking marijuana.
- His favorite sport used to be tennis.
- Wayne owns a Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722, which is perhaps his favorite car. It is not known if he still owns the same car or not.
- He was once a member of the group “Hot Boys”.
- In October 2016, his prison memoir was released Gone Til’ November: A Journal of Rikers Island via Plume Books (part of Penguin Books).
- Lil Wayne’s 12th studio album “Tha Carter V” was kept on hold multiple times. It was finally released in September 2018 which peaked at #1 on Billboard 200.
- In 2018, Lil Wayne became the first artist in the history of Billboard to have his 2 songs in the Billboard’s Hot 100’s top 5 list simultaneously. Those two songs were “Mona Lisa” featuring Kendrick Lamar and “Don’t Cry” featuring XXXTentacion.
- He refers rapper Brian Williams (or Birdman / Baby) as his Pa.
Connect With Lil Wayne:
Here we are providing you the social media account’s links of Lil Wayne where you can follow her and like his latest pictures and stay connected with him socially and updated with his new activities. Check out the links-